starts with saving defenders of people's lives..
A human rights doctor is facing prison for just doing that:
Dr. Mohamed Fatouh Awad filed a complaint in the General Egyptian Medical Syndicate against a doctor called Dr. Ahmed Monis, to investigate his wide propaganda marketing for the suspicious C-Fast and (CCD Complete Cure Device) announced few months ago by the Egyptian Armed Forces. This device has never been fully scientifically evaluated, while media reports linked it to a similar fake device sold last year in UK.
Prison is waiting Dr. Fatouh if convicted with slander and libel of Dr. Ahmed Monis, in a case he filed in court accusing Dr. Fatouh of slander-and-libel, as a reaction to the complaint Dr. Fatouh filed in the syndicate.
Final tribunal will be held in few days this week.
Cairo Medical Syndicate published a support statement last month, urging the General Syndicate to finish the investigation of Dr. Monis's claims, but nothing done to date.
Many scientists and doctors in and outside Egypt have reacted boldly against the announcement of this device before getting enough evaluation, the same thing Dr. Fatouh published in his criticism on Facebook and in his complaint presented to the Medical Syndicate.
As a notable human rights and patient rights defender, field-hospitals leader in 2011 Tahrir Egyptian revolution, and health system reform advocate, Dr. Mohamed Fatouh is now in danger of getting imprisoned for just defending other's rights to not be scammed by immature and unsafe medical pharmaceutical treatments.
If you need more information , please contact Dr. Fatouh directly at:
You also may be interested in joining our event and petition here:
Thank you for your cooperation,
For background on the fake treatment/device:
- Science Mag: Expat virologist takes to YouTube to challenge 'pseudoscience' behind Egyptian devices
- NATURE MIDDLE EAST: The false science behind Egyptian army’s AIDS and HCV cure
- CNN: Egyptian army's AIDS-cure claim gets harsh criticism
- Ahram (Egypt): Claims of cure for HIV, Hepatitis C are a 'scandal': Egypt presidential advisor
- CairoPost(Egypt): President’s scientific adviser delays return to Egypt
- International Business Times: Egyptian Military Ridiculed over 'Cure for Aids'
- NYTimes: Disbelief After Egypt Announces Cures for AIDS and Hepatitis C
- Bustle: AIDS Cure Found By Egyptian Army, It Insists, So It's A Shame It's Almost Definitely A Scam [Many cross-reference links]
- McGill Daily SciTech : The state versus the expert Demarcating scientific authority
- Atlantic Council.: The Army’s Miracle Cure: Today’s Joke, Tomorrow’s Tragedy
- Egyptian Chronicles (Egyptian blog) #KoftaGate : Let’s Burn those heretics at the Stake !! “Chapter3”
- The New Zealand Herald: Egypt's military delays device that 'cures' Aids amid ridicule
- The Telegraph: Egypt army embarrassment after it 'cures' Aids
- Mashable: Egypt's 'AIDS Curing Device' May Be A Fake Bomb Detector
- The Washington Times: Egypt’s army claims it found cure for AIDS, hepatitis C
- Egypt Independent: Forgive us Essam Heggy
- The Huffington Post: Top Egyptian Comedian Slams Military For Saying It Can 'Cure' AIDS And Hepatitis C
- Arabist: Kofta-Gate [Many cross-reference links]
- Pepijn van Erp. (blog): Update on #KoftaGate – Egyptian Miracle Detectors and Cures for Hepatitis C and AIDS [Many cross-reference links]
- The Quackometer Blog: Egyptian Government Duped by Nonsense HIV Detection Machine
- AMY MANTRAVADI: THE EGYPTIAN GOVERNMENT CURES AIDS! [Many cross-reference links]
- The device international patent
- Guardian Liberty Voice: Egypt Army Claims to Have Cured AIDS, Hepatitis C
- The Tahrir Institute for Middle East Policy: Command and Consequence in a Strongman State
- NOW News. Mercury Media: No cure for pseudoscienceEgypt’s military “misusing science,” generating “false hopes,” says science writer
- Masress (news aggregator & index): Claims of cure for HIV, Hepatitis C are a 'scandal': Egypt presidential advisor
- El Balad (Egypt): Egyptian army delays rollout of ‘AIDS detecting machine’
- Al-Monitor: Egypt's 'kofta' scandal sign of missing checks, balances
- Egypt Independent (Egypt): Egyptian NASA scientist slams media disregard to space landing achievement
- Muftah: The Countdown to “Kofta Gate,” Egypt’s So-Called Cure for AIDS [Many cross-reference links]
- #BBCtrending: Egyptian public sceptical about military’s HIV ‘breakthrough’
- BuzzFeed: Why The Miracle Cure Offered To Egyptians With Hepatitis C Isn’t Funny
- Vice News: Egyptian Army Mocked for ‘Miracle’ AIDS CureShareTweet
- The Tahrir Institute for Middle East Policy: Koftagate: Dashed Hopes and Wasted Resources
- SF Gate: Egypt claims of cure for HIV, Hepatitis C
- Comment Middle East: AIDS, HCV and Kofta The scientific comedy and the social moral tragedy
- Tahrir Doctors Society (founder of) : Website , Facebook, Youtube, Twitter
- Dr. Fatouh Clinic on Facebook
- The Middle East Monitor : Egyptian doctors continue strike, mass resignations
- firedoglake.com: Health Workers Deliver First Aid to Protest Movements
- Ahram Online: Tahrir doctors issue urgent appeal for colleagues to head to the square
- LA Times: Mosque becomes hospital for protesters in Cairo's Tahrir Square
- Russia Today: At least 90 injured in Cairo as military close eyes on attack against protesters (PHOTOS)
- smke: Organizing a revolution: the Tahrir Doctors’ experience of using social media
- For a huge number of articles and reports, please make a google search on the sentence "Tahrir Doctors"
For more information (in Arabic, you can translate using online translation/Google):
Statement of Support by Cairo Medical Syndicate:
News story about the case:
Join us on Twiter: